Field Study #2


 









September 14th 2024, 9:56 a.m, sunny and no clouds in sight, 69 degrees Fahrenheit, the duration of the day was 12 hours and 30 minutes (7:25 a.m to 7:55 p.m) days are getting shorter as we approach the fall and winter :). Second Field Trip and it was so much fun!, In the first picture is the picture I'll compare eveytime and on this second visit I could clearly see that the pond had less water, probably because it hasn't rained. On the second picture I saw a big Fungi on a tree I really liked it because it relates to what we have seen in class although I couldn't identify it. I noticed a lot of this yellow flowers close to the sand and doing some research I found that they are called  Goldenrod. I can't wait for the fall to come, on the 4th picture I noticed this tree which leaves were turning red and falling it reminded me that the fall is approaching. Algae is serious problem in the pond as seen in the picture there is also a lot of muck, I haven't measured it but looks quite thick, and it really reminded me of our school pond and Unit 1 of Bio. And last but not least there was this little guy that was spotted near a bush, it was a Eastern Grey Squirrel, very common in our state but I still though was pretty cool.

Comments

  1. Excellent work! Great observations and connections to class! Love the fungi and some good identification! Start watching for patterns in color change and leaf fall.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts